Effective June 1, 2020
2. LICENSES AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
2.1 JUSTASKME’S PROVISION OF THE SITE AND LIMITED SITE LICENSE
Section 2.1 discusses the rights we give to you to allow you to use the Site, as detailed below:
We try to keep our Site and the Site Services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. In fact, we might even stop providing the Site or Site Services completely or stop providing certain features without notice.
2.2 TERMINATION OF THE LIMITED SITE LICENSE
Section 2.2 explains that we can stop allowing you to use the Site, as detailed below:
JustAskme may terminate any license it has granted to any Site Visitor or User to access the Site and Site Services by providing notice, and the termination of such license shall be effective immediately upon JustAskme providing such notice.
2.3 JUSTASKME’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Section 2.3 explains that even though we let you use the Site, we still retain all our rights, as detailed below:
JustAskme and our licensors retain all right, title, and interest in and to all Intellectual Property Rights related in and to the Site and the Site Services. The JustAskme logos and names are trademarks of JustAskme and are registered in certain jurisdictions. All other product names, company names, marks, logos, and symbols on the Site or Site Services may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Nothing in the Terms of Service grants you a right to use any JustAskme Marks.
2.4 YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
2.4.1 YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND YOUR INDEMNIFICATION OF JUSTASKME
Section 2.4.1 explains that you are solely responsible for your use of the Site and any content you post on the Site, and that if someone makes a claim against Justaskme because of your content that you will pay Justaskme for our fees and expenses, as detailed below:
When you post User Content on the Site or through the Site Services or provide JustAskme with User Content, you understand and acknowledge that you are solely responsible for such User Content. Further, you represent and warrant that you have the right, power, and authority to (a) post that User Content without violating the rights of third parties, and (b) grant the licenses specified below.
You acknowledge and agree that the poster of User Content, and not JustAskme, is responsible for any User Content including any harms caused to you, another User, or a third party by such User Content.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless JustAskme, our Affiliates, and our respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (each an “Indemnified Party”) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, losses, and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses) arising from or relating to any claim, suit, proceeding, demand, or action brought by you or a third party or other User against an Indemnified Party relating to or arising out of any User Content you post.
2.4.2 YOUR RIGHTS AND LICENSE TO JUSTASKME AND OTHER SITE VISITORS
Section 2.4.2 explains that by posting content on the Site, you give others certain limited rights to that content, as detailed below:
2.4.3 YOUR COMMENTS AND IDEAS
Section 2.4.3 explains when you can and what happens if you send your ideas to JustAskme, as detailed below:
You may submit comments or ideas about the Site and Site Services, including without limitation about how to improve the Site or Site Services (collectively, “Ideas”). By submitting any Ideas, you agree that: (a) your disclosure is voluntary, gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction and will not place JustAskme under any fiduciary or other obligation, (b) your Ideas do not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, and (c) you grant us a perpetual and royalty-free license to use the Ideas without any additional compensation to you and to disclose the Ideas on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge and agree that, by acceptance of your submission, JustAskme does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas, including those known or developed by JustAskme or obtained from sources other than you.
2.5 THIRD-PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Section 2.5 explains that third parties, including other Users, are responsible for content posted or linked on the Site, as detailed below:
Any information or content expressed or made available by a third party or any other Site Visitor or User is that of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of JustAskme. JustAskme neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, information, or statement made on the Site by anyone other than JustAskme’s authorized agents acting in their official capacities.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. The Site may also contain applications that allow you to access third-party websites via the Site. Such third-party websites or applications are owned and operated by the third parties and/or their licensors. The inclusion of any link or application on the Site does not imply that we endorse the linked site or application. You use the links and third-party websites at your own risk and agree that your use of an application or third-party website accessed via the Site is on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty for any purpose.
2.6 COMPLAINTS ABOUT COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ON THE SITE
Section 2.6 explains what to do if you think content on the Site infringes your rights, as detailed below:
JustAskme is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws and requires all Site Visitors and Users to comply with these laws. Accordingly, you may not use the Site to store any material or content, or disseminate any material or content, in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by U.S. copyright law.
If you are the owner of any copyrighted work and believe your rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed by any material on the Site, you may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA").
3. PERMITTED SITE USES
Section 3 explains how you are allowed to use the Site, as detailed below:
JustAskme offers the Site and Site Services for your business purposes only and not for personal, household, or consumer use. JustAskme makes the Site and Site Services available for Users to find ask questions to another or receive questions, and make and receive payments through escrow. In addition, certain Visitor Site Services, such as the JustAskme Blog and Hiring Headquarters, provide, and may be used to obtain, general information and articles that we believe may be of interest to Site Visitors and Users. While we try to ensure that any information we post is both timely and accurate, errors may appear from time to time. We do not make any representations or warranties with respect to any information that is posted on the Site by us or anyone else. In no event should any content be relied on or construed as tax or legal advice or otherwise. You should independently verify the accuracy of any content.
4. PROHIBITED SITE USES
Section 4 explains uses of the Site that are not allowed, as detailed below:
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate, instruct or induce others to use, the Site or Site Services for any activities that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; for any other illegal or fraudulent purpose or any purpose that is harmful to others; or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, fraudulent or harmful to others.
4.1 EXAMPLES OF PROHIBITED USES OF THE SITE
The following are examples of uses that are prohibited on the Site or when using the Site Services:
- Seeking, offering, promoting, or endorsing and services, content, or activities that:
- are defamatory, illegal, profane, vulgar, threatening, unlawfully discriminatory, illegal, pornographic, obscene, or sexually explicit in nature;
- would violate the intellectual property rights, such as and including copyrights, of another person, entity, service, product, or website;
- would violate (a) JustAskme’s Terms of Service, (b) the terms of service of another website or any similar contractual obligations, or (c) the academic policies of any educational institution;
- regard the creation, publication, distribution of “fake news”, “hoax news” or similar false content purposefully intended to mislead readers for financial or other gain;
- regard or promote in any way any escort services, prostitution, or sexual acts; or
- are harassing toward another person based on the person's inclusion in a protected class as defined by applicable law;
- Fraudulent or misleading uses or content, including:
- misrepresenting information, including by representing another person’s profile, or parts of another person’s profile, as your own;
- using a profile photo that misrepresents your identity or represents you as someone else;
- impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an JustAskme representative, forum leader, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
- falsely attributing statements to any JustAskme representative, forum leader, guide or host;
- allowing another person to use your account, which is misleading to other Users; or
- Posting identifying information concerning another person;
- Duplicating or sharing accounts;
- Selling, trading, or giving an account to another person without JustAskme’s consent;
- Directly or indirectly, advertising or promoting another website, product, or service or soliciting other Users for other websites, products, or services;
- interfering or attempting to interfere with the proper operation of the Site or Site Services or any activities conducted on the Site;
- bypassing any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or any subparts of the Site, including, without limitation, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein;
- attempting to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site;
- using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission;
- attempting to or interfering with or compromising the system integrity or security or deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site;
- collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including Account names, from the Site;
- attempting to or imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load (as determined in JustAskme’s sole discretion) on the Site’s infrastructure; Introducing any invalid data, virus, worm, or other harmful or malicious software code, agent, hidden procedure, routine, or mechanism through or to the Site that is designed to or known to cause to cease functioning, disrupt, disable, harm, or otherwise impair in any manner, including aesthetic disruptions or distortions, the operation of (or to allow you or any other person to access or damage or corrupt data, storage media, programs, equipment, or communications or otherwise interfere with operations of or on) the Site or any software, firmware, hardware, computer system, or network of JustAskme or any third party;
- accessing or attempting to access the Site or Site Services by any means or technology other than the interface provided; or
- framing or linking to the Site or Site Services except as permitted in writing by JustAskme
4.3 REPORTING AND CORRECTING VIOLATIONS